Sunday 13 July 2014

The Luckiest


I super love movies that shake my feelings up and gets me thinking and thinking. My sister got me into watching the movie 'About Time' during my day off last weekend which instantly fell into my favorite movie list. Its about a boy (Tim) who discovered at the age of 21 that he inherited the ability to go back in time. With that he is able to change any event in the past and so he recreated his first dates, a disastrous new years party and various tragedies. He had the easy life of getting anything he wanted just exactly the way he wished, undoing wrong decisions as easily as immediately getting into a cupboard, clenching his fists and wishing. With great blissful soundtracks to back up every time he did that, I can't help but wonder just how flipping perfect that will be if that was me. The events I would wish to recreate and how I will carefully make sure I don't mess up my second chances.

It wasn't too long before we came to the part of the movie where Tim learnt that having it all doesn't exist. Returning to the past would mean giving up the present. Going back to see his father who passed away from cancer will mean changing his little daughter (Posey)'s face. Truth is that there is always something so beautiful right in front of us, which we often lose or turn our backs on while we spend our present moments looking back. Everything happens for a reason, anything at all, the past or the present, good or bad. 

What if we learn to seek out the beauty in every moment? What if we never stop looking out for every beauty we missed and find it in the second chances we have in every new day? What if we live each day the way we would as if it is our second chance? I hope that you will see every single tomorrow as a brand new day to create or find yourself one step closer to beauty, rather than a continuance of yesterdays tragedies. 

xx R

I don't get many things right the first time
In fact, I am told that a lot
Now I know all the wrong turns, the stumbles and falls
Brought me here
I am the luckiest
-'The Luckiest' by Ben Folds-

No comments:

Post a Comment