Monday 21 July 2014

WEEKEND, ZOOM!

What an exciting & exhausting weekend it was! So good to have my brother back with us for the weekend though it was short it was really sweet too. Its always more fun when there's extra energy around the house. I barely got any time to shut my eyes at all. 

It was mum's birthday last Saturday so we went to say Hello and send some flowers. I miss her intensely every single day. but it will only be just a little while.

Day 1 Day 2 Day 3
Im pretty proud to say that I have started with 50 sit ups and 50 squats daily and have been going strong throughout the entire weekend. (in spite of the fact that it might not be such a good idea to start going serious just one day before attending a wedding dinner) I miss working out so much ever since I stopped last October to join the ship. I used to go to all classes, day and night at the gym. Somewhere between my Rectus femoris & Vastus lateralis was freaking out all weekend and my legs seem to be working in circular motion ever since squats. and now I have a post-twisted foot situation after slipping down a step while I was coming down the stairs after church just because my legs were wobbling in circles. I hope my muscles repair quick!

Dinner Dress

THE FAULT IN OUR STARS: It was a good decision to watch this movie with no eyeliner & no mascara on so I can have my peace and cry if necessary. Sad movie with a good chunk of humor, I loved it. It's actually really kind of sad that always, always, we only talk/think/learn about life from death. If there is nothing we can bring to our grave, and if love is truly the only thing that will live on forever, why do we hold on to our love just because we are afraid to be hurt? A question with no answers. There's always hope to live, no matter what happens to us, whether life's a bed of roses, or weather we're stricken with a terminal disease and we don't have many tomorrows left. As long as we can still give somebody love (or anything else), it means we have enough. And as long as we are happy, we are winners. The fault really lies not in our stars (our destiny), but in our choices and perspectives. As long as we have life, we may not have the power to determine the number of days we have, but we have the hope to make the best of what we're given.

My family and I had a self-indulgent moment at dinner yesterday with the great amount and selection of food served at the BCCK's Ramadan Buffet. I am surprisingly really impressed at how scrumptious the food were. No better way to end the weekends than to be spoiled and happy. :P

xx R.

"The glow that the sun gives
Right around sunset
Helps me realize
This is just a journey
Drop your worries
You're gonna turn out fine"
-Keep Your Head Up by Andy Grammer-

No comments:

Post a Comment