Tuesday 21 October 2014

Seoul favourites #1 : Insadong Antique Street

For this recent trip we made to Seoul, I made sure I did my best research and made a list of all the must-hit-up places and ways to maximize our short trip! I think we did a pretty good job considering how much we covered in just 7 days. There wasn't a lazy moment for me, with a map in one hand and my camera in the other I was always ready to get off my bum, brave the fatigue and get going.









Insadong street is without a doubt one of my favs! It is unmistakably quaint with a  modern revamp. Walking down Insadong street brought me through history while I subconsciously fell under the spell of the diverse parade of the art, music, lifestyle and the korean traditional culture. It was the best of both worlds. 

I probably did not blink at all. The picturesque buildings had each their own very unique style to flaunt, with great shops all around to buy cosmetics, cute traditional hanboks, teas, souvenirs, calligraphy, handicrafts, antiques and a whole lot of other knick knacks. There were also street vendors selling tranditional snacks, traditional restaurants, cute teahouses, galleries, museums, cafès and everything you can name. Not forgetting the dynamic street performances and large crowds. Last but not the least, the icing on the cake - there was 5G wifi coverage every where!!! 

It doesn't get better!

No comments:

Post a Comment