Sunday 18 October 2015

AN HONEST POST | GRIEF


Hello everyone! I am a little late this week. I have been meaning to write but have been putting it off because to be honest, I haven't been feeling like it. It's easy to open up and talk about things I like or happy things but when it comes to the dark, low and sad things, it can be really difficult. Not that anything terrible happened this week, it's just grief playing up on me and sometimes it's easier to just sit in bed and be sad. Have you ever felt like that? 

So as I was trying (hard) to find something more 'positive' to talk about on the blog this week, I am reminded of why I started this blog. It was never meant to be a mask to hide anything. It was never meant for me to paint a false picture of my life. It was never meant to be a place where I need to feel that I need to have my life all together. It's meant to be place where I can be honest with myself and with the world and to learn to embrace every piece of life, just as it is - beautiful or ugly.

It is extremely petrifying to think about sadness, grief, anger and disappointments, let alone to talk about them because it is so easy to be engulfed into the tornado of feeling sorry for our lives. But here's the truth. Sadness is real. as real as joy can get. It is part of life. Imagine life without sadness, happiness will have no meaning. Life will be incomplete.  Experiencing sadness does not change or take away the happy and great moments. If you think about it, maybe unwrapping sadness and fully experiencing it is a way to let light in. 

I feel liberated writing this post. For the longest time, I have been grieving alone. I refrain from talking about my grief because I fear to come off as 'negative'. But I can only be so strong. Come on, my mum is never coming back again. How can I not be sad?

Let's keep it real. Let's not make life more complicated than it already is by trying to live unrealistic perfect lives. There will only be lonely sad people every where. To those who are struggling with emotions that fall into the 'negative' category, I hope this post has inspired you to have courage to open up, speak for your heart and be free. Take heart, you are not alone.

xx

4 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed reading this post. Thank you so much for sharing!

    www.lincolnparksharp.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a beautiful post and I'm really happy that you wrote it. I can see how someone might think of grief as a negative thing, but like you've said, it's a part of life. If we didn't have those moments, we wouldn't know how to appreciate the good and happy ones. I'm so sorry that you lost your mom, but as I'm sure you already know, she will always live on in your heart. Thank you so much for sharing this post, I'm sure it took a lot of courage!

    Paula
    Thirteen Thoughts

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Paula for your very thoughtful comment. It did take lots of courage, I put off writing this for many many months now, but I'm so glad I did. It's like a release:)

      Rachel x

      Delete
  3. What a nice post! You are right that sadness is real and I think it is healthy to embrace that. I have a lot of work to do on dealing with my grief. It is true, tough to think about but tougher to talk about. I'm glad that you still feel like your blog is a place to be honest with yourself, that is a great thing to have. Yes, you have given me a nudge in the right direction. I need to talk about my feelings (although very difficult for me)...!! I'm sad to hear your Mom has left, but she will never be forgotten!! ;)

    Much Love!
    -Stephanie Eva
    www.stephanieheva.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete