Saturday 25 October 2014

SPECIAL SATURDAY

Today is a special Saturday because I didn't have to work! Instead of sleeping in and getting way too much unnecessary sleep, I decided to make it a productive and fun one. I had breakfast with my family further away at Fat Cat today and I ordered Laksa Kosong for the first time in my life and saved half the price of a normal Laksa. Yay! Took advantage of the beautiful sun we had today, did 3 loads of laundry and some cleaning. 


Had a few friends over in the afternoon. I thought this would be a great opportunity to finally make the delicious looking Oreo cupcakes by Tanya Burr. I love her recipe. The ingredients were so easy to get and the steps were straight forward and idiot-proof. Works so well even for someone like me, who gets high chances of messing up! here's the link to her 'Oreo Cupcakes' post and you should totally check the rest of her awesome blog out! 

INGREDIENTS:

Cupcakes
175g Butter
165g Caster Sugar
3 Eggs
40g Cocoa Powder
125g Self-raising Flour
1 teaspoon of Baking Powder

Frosting
1 pack of Oreos
150g Butter
200g icing sugar

Baked at 200 degree celcius for 20 minutes.

I enjoyed baking and much more when my friends came and helped with crushing the Oreo biscuits and putting on the icing. I am very happy that the texture turned out so perfect as I wasn't so particular about how I made and mix the batter. I just went with what felt right then and it seem like I had baking fingers today! Yipee! However, feel free to cut down on the sugar. I think its an Asian thing, most of my friends said that it was delicious BUT a little too sweet. 


No comments:

Post a Comment